Saturday, January 21, 2017

Whale Shark Watching - Oslab Cebu Philippines







I came to Cebu-Mactan airport. Then I took a taxi to South Bus terminal(Taxi fee is 300 pesos, but I gave 350) Don't mess up the bus terminals, as there's North Bus terminal as well. 



At Southern bus terminal you should take Yellow bus goes to Tan awan via Oslob. Every 20 min a bus leaves. I asked the bus driver and bus conductor to drop me at the whale shark briefing center, as my stay was very closer to that. Bus fare is 165 pesos.



Reviews I read said Bus terminal to Oslob was 3 1/2 hours journey but it took 4 1/2 hours. So it was the most mentally torturous night I spent in Philippines, as very next day I had a flight to catch at 2.20pm after watching whale sharks. So I gathered as much as details from Stop 'n shop people, the place I stayed and they instructed me well. So I went to the briefing center around 5.30am, 3 min walk from Stop 'n shop, got myself registered, Sharp at 6am they started briefing and by 6.10am I was on a boat to see whale sharks. Snorkeling with whale sharks fee is 1000 pesos and you get 30 mins, Diving with whale sharks is 3000 pesos and you get 1 hour. But I felt more fun is with snorkeling.


It was a quite short stay. But I heard there are waterfalls that you can visit in Cebu, I wish I could too but my sole intention was seeing whale sharks in close proximity. It was an amazing experience. Very cheap as well. It doesn't cost you much. Good for solo travelers too, very very exciting adrenaline rush for very small amount. Absolutely worth the experience.

BTW by 7am I came to my hotel and took 7.30am Yellow bus back to Cebu. Every 20 mins you get a bus. And I managed to come to the airport 2 hours before the flight.



Stop 'n shop tourist Inn




The best place I stayed in Philippines. It was like 6.30pm I arrived there. Went there only to watch whale sharks. 3 min walk to the whale shark briefing centre. Clean rooms, Clean toilets, hot water bath, clean linen and even they've kept you a kettle and Milo. Life saviors. 2 girls who talked with me were very kind and much helpful with the details I wanted to know. Without a doubt I'd suggest this place to anyone. Perfect budget joint.

[P.S. They didn't pay me for this. Just sharing my honest idea]






No comments:

Post a Comment